What we value
Because we believe that love changes everything, we want to share the love of Jesus with as many people as we can! No matter our differences, preferences, and distinctions, we are all loved by God perfectly through Jesus Christ.
We value kindness, acceptance, hard work for a purpose, truthfulness, and joyfully making a tangible impact on our communities.
Throughout the week, we spend time together in Life Groups, Teams, and Ministries, getting to know each other better and serving others in the church, the neighborhood, and beyond.
Where we're coming from
We are called to be faithful followers of Jesus. Our job is to show up, to be present with people, knowing God is the one to bring about life change. We believe that Jesus modeled the best way to live -- humbly caring for one another, building one another up, and living boldly with purpose.
Our theological beliefs:
- God is One. He created the universe and everything in it.
- Jesus Christ, God incarnate, lived a sinless life, died for all sin, and was raised to life three days later, thus defeating sin and death.
- The Holy Spirit is our comforter and lives in us.
- The Bible is the foundation and authority in the Christian's life.
- Salvation is an unearned gift received through faith. It is available to everyone who accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior. That faith is expressed through repentance, and loving obedience starting with baptism.
- Regarding other things... we believe we can have differing views and opinions on other issues and still be part of the same church.
You are invited to attend our next Starting Point class to learn more about our what we believe and where we're going as a church.
What this means for you
You're always welcome at Village Church! Wherever you are in your faith journey, you will be accepted as part of Village.